Friday, June 30, 2006

Introduction

Hi there! Im Jason, and Welcome to the Puch Moped Visual Vocabulary website. I made this site because it took me a very long time to figure out what parts are what, what they look like, and what they are called. This is for everyone who were in my shoes, and who thought that a piston is a carburetor! Here are just a few pictures of parts that are in a Puch Maxi moped. A very breif explanation of the main parts. Whenever I come across a part that I dont know the name of it, I will post a pic. Hopfully this site will help someone out..

Here are some useful links:

1977mopeds.com- Online store for ordering moped parts.

Mopedshop.com-Another online parts store.

Mopedarmy.com- Discussion forum of mopeds; very useful website.

Video Clips:

Video: Carb Cleaning- Video showing how to clean the Carburetor.

Video: Carb Pieces- Shows the insides of the Carburetor.

Video: Carb Re-assembly- Shows how to put the pieces back together.